I have never used it myself but have heard good things about Zope. Perhaps it does what you are looking for?
Hi,
In a few weeks I'll teach in an 2 Linux courses.
In an introduction course I'll give Knoppix 3.3, to teach people how easy and beautiful Linux can be.
In a second advanced linux course. I'll like to explain things like Apache, proFTPd, djbdns, postfix, webmin, ssh,... and other server side software. So I'd like to have a Knoppix with all this software and be able to change configuration.
Do you know any Knoppix remasterised to do such type of things?
Thanks a lot
I have never used it myself but have heard good things about Zope. Perhaps it does what you are looking for?
Nops... Zope is an Aplication Server and framework written in Python... I knew it, I've used it... Is not a live-cd configurable server distributionOriginally Posted by rickenbacherus
that's what I'm looking for.
Often config files in /etc are just links to files on the CD kept in ramdisk. So you can copy the original file to /home/knoppix, delete the link and then edit your copy of the original file and stick it back in /etc. Then run or restart the appropriate daemon.
Hi asinkecualo,
Don't dismiss the Zope Live KNOPPIX CD.
Yes is has Zope and this is not want you want
but the remaster is just KNOPPIX with
a lot of server and scientific software on
it. The author talked about making it a
leaner disto -- makeing it a more pure
Zope Demo. I hope he does not do this
since I love my Zope disk.
ftp://ftp.texmacs.org/pub/TeXmacs/knoppix/
I also use the DVD which has a cloop limit
problem but works well for what I need.
It has Apache, postfix, webmin, ssh
I did not check check the Zope disk for all of
these since I do not know what they all are.
Best Wishes
paradocs
Making your own Knoppix server isn't too hard. My knoppix servers all have apache, mysql, ssh, php, amung others. The production servers are fine running Knoppix.
-Ambrose

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
USB 2.0 Flash Drive 16GB 32GB 64GB 128GB Thumb Memory Stick Multi Pack Bulk Lot
$1082.99
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
New Samsung DUO Plus 32GB USB 3.1 USB-C Flash Drive Gray MUF-32DB/AM
$19.95
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen9 (P85) P85_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99