Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Looking for a Knoppix-server version

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2

    Looking for a Knoppix-server version

    Hi,

    In a few weeks I'll teach in an 2 Linux courses.
    In an introduction course I'll give Knoppix 3.3, to teach people how easy and beautiful Linux can be.
    In a second advanced linux course. I'll like to explain things like Apache, proFTPd, djbdns, postfix, webmin, ssh,... and other server side software. So I'd like to have a Knoppix with all this software and be able to change configuration.

    Do you know any Knoppix remasterised to do such type of things?

    Thanks a lot

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    I have never used it myself but have heard good things about Zope. Perhaps it does what you are looking for?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by rickenbacherus
    I have never used it myself but have heard good things about Zope. Perhaps it does what you are looking for?
    Nops... Zope is an Aplication Server and framework written in Python... I knew it, I've used it... Is not a live-cd configurable server distribution that's what I'm looking for.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    Often config files in /etc are just links to files on the CD kept in ramdisk. So you can copy the original file to /home/knoppix, delete the link and then edit your copy of the original file and stick it back in /etc. Then run or restart the appropriate daemon.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Iowa U.S.A.
    Posts
    226
    Hi asinkecualo,

    Don't dismiss the Zope Live KNOPPIX CD.
    Yes is has Zope and this is not want you want
    but the remaster is just KNOPPIX with
    a lot of server and scientific software on
    it. The author talked about making it a
    leaner disto -- makeing it a more pure
    Zope Demo. I hope he does not do this
    since I love my Zope disk.
    ftp://ftp.texmacs.org/pub/TeXmacs/knoppix/

    I also use the DVD which has a cloop limit
    problem but works well for what I need.
    It has Apache, postfix, webmin, ssh

    I did not check check the Zope disk for all of
    these since I do not know what they all are.

    Best Wishes
    paradocs

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    92
    Making your own Knoppix server isn't too hard. My knoppix servers all have apache, mysql, ssh, php, amung others. The production servers are fine running Knoppix.

    -Ambrose

Similar Threads

  1. maximum version / lite version??
    By freeballer in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2004, 10:51 PM
  2. 3.4 Kernel Version, and Driver Version
    By Kowood in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-26-2004, 12:25 AM
  3. Newbie question: Determinig X-server version?
    By freddys in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-20-2004, 05:59 PM
  4. X server crash: "Fatal server error: Active ring not fl
    By cmcclean in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-03-2003, 01:52 PM
  5. Poor Man's Install Not Working in version 7-26 version
    By bongski55 in forum General Support
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-27-2003, 01:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.30



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health picture

KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health

$360.00



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US picture

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US

$29.88



Cisco UCSB-MRAID12G FlexStorage 12G SAS Raid Controller picture

Cisco UCSB-MRAID12G FlexStorage 12G SAS Raid Controller

$23.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$22.99



Dell PowerVault MD3000i AMP01 Storage Array 4x Cad 2x PSUs No HDDs/Controllers picture

Dell PowerVault MD3000i AMP01 Storage Array 4x Cad 2x PSUs No HDDs/Controllers

$164.95



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$202.46