-
Senior Member
registered user
Cursor
Repost as I still haven't solved the problem: (original post Oct5)
How can I reset to use the old (big fat ugly) default cursor used with Knoppix 3.1? 3.2 & 3.3 changed to a smaller arrowhead style cursor & there doesn't seem to be any way to choose the old style instead. Problem is the new one is very hard to see on my laptop. Also it blanks out when moved which makes it even worse.
The old cursor is still in there somewhere... (LinNeigbourhood uses it) but how do I make it the default cursor?
update-alternatives --config x-cursor-theme was suggested but that didn't work.
Thanks.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I too use a laptop and I know what you mean! While I don't have an answer to your question I may have a better alternative. Go to KDElook.org and snag yourself a mouse theme. I can personally vouch for the GoldenX and SilverX cursor sets- both very nice indeed. So you simply untar/zip the file, make a directory called ~/.icons and copy 'Gold' (or Silver) and 'default' into ~/.icons, restart X and there you are.
HTH
-
Senior Member
registered user
I posted an alternative in the LFX forum. A simple answer is that for KDE and cursor, you have to think "mouse"
-
Senior Member
registered user
Richenbacherus..did like you suggested & downloaded a suiatble theme. Cursor OK now. Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By kkiedrowski in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-03-2005, 11:25 PM
-
By omziff in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-09-2004, 05:48 AM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-04-2003, 12:34 AM
-
By CrashedAgain in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-06-2003, 04:02 AM
-
By kvihijar in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-04-2003, 10:19 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99