I have tried to use fabian's f-prot "install" script:
#
# Install f-prot - useful in combination with persistant home
#
# GPL
#
# Author: Fabian Franz <[email protected]>
#
mkdir -p $HOME/software/
cd $HOME/software/
wget ftp://ftp.f-prot.com/pub/linux/fp-linux-sb.tar.gz
tar xzf fp-linux-sb.tar.gz
mkdir -p $HOME/man/man8
mkdir -p $HOME/bin
ln -fs $(pwd)/f-prot/f-prot.sh $HOME/bin/f-prot
ln -fs $(pwd)/f-prot/check-updates.sh $HOME/bin/check-updates.sh
ln -fs $(pwd)/f-prot/man8/f-prot.8 $HOME/man/man8/
ln -fs $(pwd)/f-prot/man8/check-updates.sh.8 $HOME/man/man8/
# Setting up Manpath & PATH for f-prot
cp $HOME/.bashrc $HOME/.bashrc.templ
cat $HOME/.bashrc.templ | grep -v "export MANPATH=\$HOME/man" | grep -v "export PATH=\$HOME/bin/"> $HOME/.bashrc
echo "export MANPATH=\$HOME/man/:\$MANPATH" >> $HOME/.bashrc
echo "export PATH=\$HOME/bin/:\$PATH" >> $HOME/.bashrc
rm -f $HOME/.bashrc.templ
# Fix pathes
cp f-prot/f-prot.sh /tmp/f-prot.$$
sed 's%/usr/local/f-prot/%'$(pwd)'/f-prot/%g' /tmp/f-prot.$$ > f-prot/f-prot.sh
cp f-prot/check-updates.sh /tmp/f-prot.$$
sed 's%/usr/local/f-prot/%'$(pwd)'/f-prot/%g' /tmp/f-prot.$$ > f-prot/check-updates.sh
rm -f /tmp/f-prot.$$
# cleanup
rm -f fp-linux-sb.tar.gz
But I get an error message:
./f-prot3.sh
--19:19:16-- ftp://ftp.f-prot.com/pub/linux/fp-linux-sb.tar.gz
=> `fp-linux-sb.tar.gz'
Resolving ftp.f-prot.com... done.
Connecting to ftp.f-prot.com[204.118.23.102]:21... connected.
Logging in as anonymous ... Logged in!
==> SYST ... done. ==> PWD ... done.
==> TYPE I ... done. ==> CWD /pub/linux ... done.
==> PASV ... done. ==> RETR fp-linux-sb.tar.gz ...
No such file `fp-linux-sb.tar.gz'.
tar (child): fp-linux-sb.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting now
tar: Child returned status 2
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
cp: cannot stat `f-prot/check-updates.sh': No such file or directory
./f-prot3.sh: line 36: f-prot/check-updates.sh: No such file or directory
knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix]$
I'd really like some advice for this. I am a total newbie to linux and don't know how any bash/shell scripting so I have no idea why this is not working. I'd appreciate your help. I think one of the only things missing from knoppix is to be able to scan your windows partition with an up-to-date virus scanner

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43
Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49
Intel® Integrated RAID Mezzanine Module RMS3HC080 SAS/SATA H24093-204
$24.97