-
Win XP Bootsector corrupt - How to fix this with Knoppix ?
Hi,
yesterday my Bootsector and/or NTFS Filesystem got corrupt under Win XP. I am not able to boot anymore from my S-ATA harddisk. After booting, some seconds later Windows resets my PC and boots again and again and again.
When I tried to reinstall Win XP or using the repair function I always got a blue screen with an ntfs.sys error.
In some newsgroups I read that the filesystem might be corrupt and maybe the bootsector is not working anymore and this can be fixed with Knoppix using the ntfsfix command. Normally there is no chance to get access to the disk via Win XP in this case. I tried to get access to my harddisk via Knoppix 3.3 I have success. I am able to see the 2 partitions and all files on it.
I go to the console and typed in
ntfsfix /dev/hda1/
but everytime I received an error, that this command FAILED and that I have not permission to this harddisk/partition or that its corrupt. I have to use chkdsk to correct this. I am a Linux/Knoppix Newbie and dont know how to use the chdsk command. I used "chkdsk /dev/hda1" but the console says that the command chkdsk is unknown. Is someone able to give the correct command for this ?
I noticed that the harddisks normally are only open for reading under Knoppix. I go to the properties and changed the status to readable/writeable for both partitions of this harddisk but also this gives me the same error with ntfsfix as shown above.
I would be very nice if someone can help...
Regards from Germany
Andreas
Similar Threads
-
By randy431 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-31-2004, 04:31 AM
-
By JockVSJock in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-30-2004, 02:21 AM
-
By lindseyp in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-19-2004, 08:28 AM
-
By Mycroft1855 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-23-2003, 03:30 AM
-
By loji in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-20-2003, 12:45 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

Intel SRF90 Xeon Gold 6248 2.50GHz 20 Core LGA 3647 Server CPU Processor
$55.99

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00