I just fixed the abiword en-US dictionary problem on my knoppix hd install.
apt-get install aspell aspell-en
then abiword will find the en-US dictionary it is looking for.
HTH
rock
Just FYI: I was getting a "can't load Dictionary" error and it was bug'n me out! So I tried removing it using 'apt-get remove abiword' (and deleting .abisuite) and reinstalling with 'apt-get''' and still had the same error...so I removed it again (checking to be sure it was gone with kpackage search)...and I downloaded the 'source' for abiword in root-mode to root directory. Extracted there and opened abiword-1.0.4 directory. Then opened terminal and typed "make". Took a good long while to finish, then typed "make install". It put 'Abisuite' in /usr/local/.
Works great with no errors! ehh, so far. Just in case it was bug'n you too.
Knoppix is terrific!!!
I just fixed the abiword en-US dictionary problem on my knoppix hd install.
apt-get install aspell aspell-en
then abiword will find the en-US dictionary it is looking for.
HTH
rock

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A
$34.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$255.98
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80
Samsung SSD980 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD
$125.00
Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD
$13.00