Knoppix Source: http://developer.linuxtag.net/knoppix/i386/
![]()
I want to get KNOPPIX *installed* onto my new Raptor hard drive. The latest KNOPPIX release doesn't have the drive for my controller built-in.
I've downloaded the source code for the driver (here). Unfortunately, the driver does not 'make.' I presume that the read-only nature of the KNOPPIX cloop image may be a part of the reason, as well as not having the appropriate kernel source for the KNOPPIX kernel.
Can someone point me in the direction of the new kernel source .deb package (I only saw 2.4.21-xfs, not 2.4.22-xfs)? Assuming that I can get the kernel source and the drive file 'make's, will I need to add/modify and initrd image?
Any other possibilities ... that don't include using a hard drive not connected to my SATA controller?
Thanks in advance.
-SUO
Knoppix Source: http://developer.linuxtag.net/knoppix/i386/
![]()
Thanks for the link. I found the 2.4.22-xfs source in the /sources directory. Maybe that will make the driver compile a little happier.
-SUO
After mucking with the driver source code, I got the driver itself compiled. Now, I need to figure out how to build scsi.o and sd.o for 2.4.22-xfs and then integrate those files along with pdc618_mod.o into the initrd image used to boot the KNOPPIX CD. Sounds like fun, right?
With any luck, I'll try the modules-disk cheatcode to see if the whole modify-the-boot-image is even necessary.
-SUO
like knoppix so far SUOrangeman?
I found it about a month ago, and now I've gotten re-hooked on linux.
As far as another what i think may be a new hardware glitch, I've found on an intel 845 integrated mobo, that the alternate terminals seem to "glitch" out.. tho it's not really super new hardware.. so I'm a tad perplexed.
I think you and i exchanged emails once a few years back.. unless your another suorangeman, not from anandtech.
Yes, I am indeed that same SUO. I've been mixing it up with Linux for both business and pleasure for several years now. I was introduced to Linux through RedHat and later moved over to Mandrake. Once I was no longer wet behind the ears, the advantages of Debian drew me in. KNOPPIX just takes Debian to the next level. I don't think I could ask for anything more (aside from getting this stuff onto my Raptor!)
-SUO
Still looking for some insight.
I I tried to forge ahead on my own. Too bad it didn't get me anywhere!
-SUO

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE
$59.99
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99
Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW)
$999.99
Juniper EX4300-48T-AFO 48-Port 10/100/1000Base-T Switch+ Dual PSU w/EX-UM-4X4SFP
$49.99
Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS
$8199.99
Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p
$89.99
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$361.91
Juniper Networks SRX220 8-Port Gigabit Layer 3 Managed Rackmount RJ-45 USB
$285.00