-
Upgrading to 2.6 problems
Hi,
I'm new to Linux so please be patient with me.
I installed knoppix 3.3 onto my hard drive and then using kpackage installed the 2.6.0-test4 kernel. It said to update lilo and I'm not too sure if I've done this properly.
Code:
image=/vmlinuz
label="Linux 2.6"
read-only
initrd=/initrd.img // tried without this aswell
/vmlinuz = /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.0-test4-1-386
/initrd.img = /boot/initrd.img-2.6.0-test4--386
I also set vga=normal as I had read there may be some problems other wise, also used the origional setting.
when I ran lilo I got a warning message saying: "The boot sector and map file are on different disks" but I don't think that is my problem as I can boot into 2.4 OK.
When I boot and choose 2.6 all I get is
"Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel"
and then nothing happens.
Could I please get some help to get 2.6 running as I'm working with a device that only works under 2.6.
Cheers
McGiv[/code]
Similar Threads
-
By mkyb14 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-16-2004, 11:03 PM
-
By naventus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-01-2004, 06:11 AM
-
By usercsr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-23-2004, 03:15 AM
-
By Ander in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-11-2004, 01:49 AM
-
By sgk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-17-2003, 08:29 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99

Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2
$135.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99