If we could get an ftp server somewhere, I'm sure it wouldn't be too big a deal to open a Wiki for people to announce new ISOs. Could easily give a discription/change log and md5sums plus the name on the ftp server.
There seems to be quite a bit of folks remastering Knoppix. I'm sure there will be hundreds of custom Knoppix ISOs in the near future. I wouldn't call some of them "projects" in the sense that places like SourceForge would find worthy of hosting.
Yet I know I'd like access to what other folks are doing and give their ISOs a try. I think an FTP account somewhere for Knoppix hackers/customizers would do this community a world of good.
Who's going to do it? How? Don't know. I'm just throwing the idea out there.
If we could get an ftp server somewhere, I'm sure it wouldn't be too big a deal to open a Wiki for people to announce new ISOs. Could easily give a discription/change log and md5sums plus the name on the ftp server.
While I think it's a good idea, it would have to be regulated somehow, IMO. I don't think it would be such a great thing to let billy joe bob, who just added a couple programs, upload his ISO and take up space.
I guess the criteria could be if the ISO is different enough from what is already available.
Ibilio isn't easy enough, IMHO to get everyone to right there descriptions correctly in order to get them hosted there. There is no way to just setup a directory on there servers that we could moderate easily, which is too bad. But the Wiki is already up on this site, we just need the ftp space.
i am more than willing to pay a few bucks to see this up and running....
Instead of the ftp server, what about using the P2P network instead?
People could use LimeWire or BearShare to distribute their new ISO and use the MD5 hash to ensure the ISO had not been tampered with?
I don't use P2P networks much myself, but if Knoppix was on there I might.
There is a very usefull program called "Direct Connect" that might just do the trick for this ... (original program from neo-modus)
There is a windows version of it on : http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/
and there's a linux version on : http://dc.ketelhot.de/ or you could just do:
apt-get dcgui
The program is basically a P2P program with "hubs" (sorta chatroom idea) where one can join the channel...
So if somebody would make a KNOPPIX hub it would show up in the public hub list and people could share their ideas in chat and at the same time share their ISO's ...

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2144G 3.6GHz 16GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W Unused
$189.00
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99