-
Yet another networking problem. Help Gurus.
I can't for the life of me get internet connectivity in Knoppix, and I'm wondering if any experts here can guide me.
I use a static IP address through a router at 192.168.0.1, I have set up my nameservers in /etc/resolv.conf too (but that isnt the problem).
Knoppix seems to detect my network card (natsemi driver), and I know it works fine in linux as I use slackware on this machine, and previously many other distros.
I set up ifconfig manually and added the default gateway with route, but if I use the network card config program, it's still the same.
I have tried connecting directly to another computer on my LAN (to bypass the need for a nameserver to be working) and its the same, nothing happens, at all.
Heres the output.
root@ttyp0[/]# ifconfig && route
eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:02:E3:18:7D
4
inet addr:192.168.0.16 Bcast:192.168.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:713 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:0 errors:745 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:745
collisions:0 txqueuelen:100
RX bytes:43162 (42.1 KiB) TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)
Interrupt:11 Base address:0xf000
lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
RX packets:54 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:54 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:3852 (3.7 KiB) TX bytes:3852 (3.7 KiB)
Kernel IP routing table
Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface
192.168.0.0 * 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 eth0
default 192.168.0.1 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 eth0
Thanks.
EDIT : I'll add that I've tried Knoppix STD and an older version too, and its still the same. It works perfectly on my other system.
Similar Threads
-
By nicorellius in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-01-2004, 05:50 AM
-
By dobell in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-27-2004, 03:28 AM
-
By shearroller in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-09-2004, 01:46 PM
-
By SillyFly in forum The Lounge
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-18-2004, 03:57 PM
-
By cmoser99 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-02-2003, 10:56 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage IDE Removable Hard Drive Mobile Rack 5.25 Bay 50-Pin Tray + Maxtor 40GB
$49.99

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage IBM Model M Keyboard 1391401 Buckling Spring PS/2 Keyboard 1988
$200.00

Vintage Apple Pro Keyboard USB Mac M7803 **Used in box
$75.00

Vintage Philips CD-RW External Drive PCRW464k47 CDRW400 Series USB 2.0 Tested
$35.00

Vintage Apple Keyboard II Model M0487 & G5431 Mouse UNTESTED AS-IS
$59.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New
$82.00