Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: broken dependencies, apt did it! apt can't fix it!

  1. #11
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    67
    opps! I was supposed to run "dpkg -i force-overwrite libxcursor-dev_1.0.2-2_i386.deb", but of course that didn't work either. I did cd to the appropriate directory first also....

  2. #12
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by lavaman094
    opps! I was supposed to run "dpkg -i force-overwrite libxcursor-dev_1.0.2-2_i386.deb", but of course that didn't work either. I did cd to the appropriate directory first also....
    I just checked http://bugs.debian.org and it is a bug it was resolved today so you should be able to get the new package in a couple of days once it works through the mirrors. It should be available in http://incoming.debian.org sooner, although I just tried the site to see if the package was there now and could not connect for some reason.

  3. #13
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen
    Quote Originally Posted by lavaman094
    opps! I was supposed to run "dpkg -i force-overwrite libxcursor-dev_1.0.2-2_i386.deb", but of course that didn't work either. I did cd to the appropriate directory first also....
    I just checked http://bugs.debian.org and it is a bug it was resolved today so you should be able to get the new package in a couple of days once it works through the mirrors. It should be available in http://incoming.debian.org sooner, although I just tried the site to see if the package was there now and could not connect for some reason.
    [sigh of relief].....ok, and when it does if I can't get through to incoming.debian.org it should be available from packages.debian.org in a couple days?

    thanks!

  4. #14
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by lavaman094
    [sigh of relief].....ok, and when it does if I can't get through to incoming.debian.org it should be available from packages.debian.org in a couple days?

    thanks!
    Yes that is the way it works it goes to incoming then moves through to the regular packages, you should not even have to go to the website once it is in the packages it would be available through apt then.

  5. #15
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen
    Quote Originally Posted by lavaman094
    [sigh of relief].....ok, and when it does if I can't get through to incoming.debian.org it should be available from packages.debian.org in a couple days?

    thanks!
    Yes that is the way it works it goes to incoming then moves through to the regular packages, you should not even have to go to the website once it is in the packages it would be available through apt then.
    Ok, how long does this process usually take?

  6. #16
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by lavaman094

    Ok, how long does this process usually take?
    I'm not totally sure of the time involved but it goes like this the maintainer makes the changes compiles the program and uploads then the people in charge of the ftp appove the package and then it is uploaded to the incoming after a while in incoming then it moves in to the packages directory where it should go. So it is a matter of when the people responsible have the time to do what is required to move it along I would think it would not be more than a few days.

  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    25
    Sure you have the command right? I used
    cd /var/cache/apt/archives/
    dpkg --force-overwrite -i package_inquestion.deb
    and it worked through for me.
    Regards

  8. #18
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    67

    frustrated

    Yes that is the way it works it goes to incoming then moves through to the regular packages, you should not even have to go to the website once it is in the packages it would be available through apt then.
    Hmm...if the bug was fixed 9 days ago why is the package not available via apt and not even on incoming.debian.org?

    This is so frustrating![/quote]

  9. #19
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: frustrated

    Quote Originally Posted by lavaman094
    Yes that is the way it works it goes to incoming then moves through to the regular packages, you should not even have to go to the website once it is in the packages it would be available through apt then.
    Hmm...if the bug was fixed 9 days ago why is the package not available via apt and not even on incoming.debian.org?

    This is so frustrating!
    Yes I would say so the only thing I can think of is there are other packages that it depends upon that are not fixed.

  10. #20
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    67
    This libxcursor bug was fixed supposedly almost two weeks ago. The package is not on incoming.debian.org, nor is it available yet through apt.

    Version 1.0.2-2 is still the current version...

    is there anything I can do?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Apt-get tab-autocompletion and dependencies broken <help
    By monkymind in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 11:06 AM
  2. "Unmet dependencies" - apt-get broken
    By Boolean in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-22-2004, 08:18 PM
  3. needed help for programs dependencies, thanks
    By hittozu in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-10-2003, 01:48 AM
  4. kde: broken due to unsatisfied dependencies
    By publius in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-12-2003, 01:22 PM
  5. apt-get Dependencies for kdevelop xlibs-pic
    By code-pupil in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-03-2003, 08:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Lot of 5 Samsung PM9B1 256GB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe SSD MZVL4256HBJD SSD picture

Lot of 5 Samsung PM9B1 256GB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe SSD MZVL4256HBJD SSD

$200.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



Samsung One Connect Docking Station SOC8002B Black w/ Cable & Power Cord picture

Samsung One Connect Docking Station SOC8002B Black w/ Cable & Power Cord

$400.00



Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1 picture

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1

$60.00



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung  picture

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung

$89.99



NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue picture

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue

$225.77



Samsung 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3-1600 PC3-12800R ECC Reg RDIMM M393B1G73QH0-YK0 picture

Samsung 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3-1600 PC3-12800R ECC Reg RDIMM M393B1G73QH0-YK0

$15.00