-
opps! I was supposed to run "dpkg -i force-overwrite libxcursor-dev_1.0.2-2_i386.deb", but of course that didn't work either. I did cd to the appropriate directory first also....
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
lavaman094
opps! I was supposed to run "dpkg -i force-overwrite libxcursor-dev_1.0.2-2_i386.deb", but of course that didn't work either. I did cd to the appropriate directory first also....
I just checked http://bugs.debian.org and it is a bug it was resolved today so you should be able to get the new package in a couple of days once it works through the mirrors. It should be available in http://incoming.debian.org sooner, although I just tried the site to see if the package was there now and could not connect for some reason.
-

Originally Posted by
Stephen

Originally Posted by
lavaman094
opps! I was supposed to run "dpkg -i force-overwrite libxcursor-dev_1.0.2-2_i386.deb", but of course that didn't work either. I did cd to the appropriate directory first also....
I just checked
http://bugs.debian.org and it is a
bug it was resolved today so you should be able to get the new package in a couple of days once it works through the mirrors. It should be available in
http://incoming.debian.org sooner, although I just tried the site to see if the package was there now and could not connect for some reason.
[sigh of relief].....ok, and when it does if I can't get through to incoming.debian.org it should be available from packages.debian.org in a couple days?
thanks!
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
lavaman094
[sigh of relief].....ok, and when it does if I can't get through to incoming.debian.org it should be available from packages.debian.org in a couple days?
thanks!
Yes that is the way it works it goes to incoming then moves through to the regular packages, you should not even have to go to the website once it is in the packages it would be available through apt then.
-

Originally Posted by
Stephen

Originally Posted by
lavaman094
[sigh of relief].....ok, and when it does if I can't get through to incoming.debian.org it should be available from packages.debian.org in a couple days?
thanks!
Yes that is the way it works it goes to incoming then moves through to the regular packages, you should not even have to go to the website once it is in the packages it would be available through apt then.
Ok, how long does this process usually take?
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
lavaman094
Ok, how long does this process usually take?
I'm not totally sure of the time involved but it goes like this the maintainer makes the changes compiles the program and uploads then the people in charge of the ftp appove the package and then it is uploaded to the incoming after a while in incoming then it moves in to the packages directory where it should go. So it is a matter of when the people responsible have the time to do what is required to move it along I would think it would not be more than a few days.
-
Sure you have the command right? I used
cd /var/cache/apt/archives/
dpkg --force-overwrite -i package_inquestion.deb
and it worked through for me.
Regards
-
frustrated
Yes that is the way it works it goes to incoming then moves through to the regular packages, you should not even have to go to the website once it is in the packages it would be available through apt then.
Hmm...if the bug was fixed 9 days ago why is the package not available via apt and not even on incoming.debian.org?
This is so frustrating![/quote]
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: frustrated

Originally Posted by
lavaman094
Yes that is the way it works it goes to incoming then moves through to the regular packages, you should not even have to go to the website once it is in the packages it would be available through apt then.
Hmm...if the bug was fixed 9 days ago why is the package not available via apt and not even on incoming.debian.org?
This is so frustrating!
Yes I would say so the only thing I can think of is there are other packages that it depends upon that are not fixed.
-
This libxcursor bug was fixed supposedly almost two weeks ago. The package is not on incoming.debian.org, nor is it available yet through apt.
Version 1.0.2-2 is still the current version...
is there anything I can do?
Similar Threads
-
By monkymind in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-29-2004, 11:06 AM
-
By Boolean in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-22-2004, 08:18 PM
-
By hittozu in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-10-2003, 01:48 AM
-
By publius in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-12-2003, 01:22 PM
-
By code-pupil in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-03-2003, 08:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00