Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Unable to connect to proxy server

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1

    Unable to connect to proxy server

    Hi knoppixiers,


    I'm using knoppix 3.3 and cable modem connection

    I'm not be able to connect to my proxy server (192.168.0.1) ICS from Win-Xp Server. the server work fine with win-xp/win2k clients.

    I did netcardconfig and set my knoppix ip 192.168.0.4 , Mask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 192.168.0.255 default gatetway 192.168.0.1

    and i did set my mozilla proxy setting to direct connection to the Internet.
    I got errors message " www.knoppix.net could not be found Please blah....blah"

    accidently I set my mozilla ip manually to 192.168.1.2 port 80 and it is be able to connect to Internet

    My question : Why I need to set my mozilla ip to 192.168.1.2 : 80
    not to ip 192.168.0.1 : 80 point to proxy server (WinXP)?

    thank you for your answers in advanced

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Now......I don't use XP and so I may be way out in left field (well OK I live in left field) but I was always under the impression that ICS for WIN used a DHCP server. If that is in fact the case then all you need to do is say 'yes' to DHCP when you do netcardconfig. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Similar Threads

  1. Unable to connect to router with V3.9
    By lostinspace in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2005, 09:00 PM
  2. Unable to connect to the internet
    By raven in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-20-2004, 01:00 PM
  3. Connect to the internet by proxy in the office
    By rmdnet in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-30-2003, 09:07 PM
  4. Connect to internet with use of Proxy
    By hoefmeistert in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-15-2003, 11:22 AM
  5. Knoppix as proxy server
    By NBCthreat in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-15-2003, 12:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$288.00



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance

$155.75



Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall picture

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall

$680.00



Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J picture

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J

$40.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$229.99



Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed picture

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed

$202.50



NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX picture

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX

$69.99