Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Linux Problems with NForce chipsets??

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1

    Linux Problems with NForce chipsets??

    Hello all. I have tried to install a few different ver. of Linux (Mandrake, Redhat, SuSE and an older ver of Knoppix (3.1) and none of them would work, apparently due to my Nvidia NForce 420 chipset. Is there a way to fix this? I have already upgraded my BIOS to the latest version. My exact MOBO information is: ASUS, A7N266, BIOS Rev. 1004. Any help would be appreciated as I would love to get into Linux and eventually toss Microsoft to the curb

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Linux Problems with NForce chipsets??

    Quote Originally Posted by asmodath1701
    Hello all. I have tried to install a few different ver. of Linux (Mandrake, Redhat, SuSE and an older ver of Knoppix (3.1) and none of them would work, apparently due to my Nvidia NForce 420 chipset. Is there a way to fix this? I have already upgraded my BIOS to the latest version. My exact MOBO information is: ASUS, A7N266, BIOS Rev. 1004. Any help would be appreciated as I would love to get into Linux and eventually toss Microsoft to the curb
    Overclockix has support for the nforce chipsets included you would probably have more success with it as Knoppix does not have the drivers.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    Doh! I built in support for Nforce2 chipsets but not for Nforce1 chipsets.

    Overclockix won't work for you until I can clear my schedule and get my my new Knoppix 3.3 based remaster out the door. It's still under development at the moment and I'm busy with two jobs. I hope to have it done next month or in December.

    For now, I'll add Nforce1 driver support to the list of improvements destined for Overclockix 3.3. Overclockix has its own support forum now too, so users can make requests to me directly and so I can develop better documentation.

    http://overclockix.octeams.com is the Overclockix main page. As you can tell, I haven't exactly had much time to spend on making the pages look nice either.... but its coming along.

Similar Threads

  1. Nforce 2 Support
    By monkeywork in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-05-2005, 02:17 AM
  2. OpenBSD: Intel Refuses To Open Wireless Chipsets
    By mzilikazi in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-12-2004, 06:41 AM
  3. nforce drivers
    By fraxx in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-10-2004, 06:20 PM
  4. USB issue for VIA chipsets !!!!!!
    By ktheking in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2003, 08:50 AM
  5. What motherboards/chipsets would work with knoppix?
    By bongski55 in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-27-2003, 02:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1690.40



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$316.61



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



SKhinix 1TB Internal SSD M.2 Solid State Drive PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2 Internal Solid picture

SKhinix 1TB Internal SSD M.2 Solid State Drive PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2 Internal Solid

$100.00



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Acer Aspire 14

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb

$452.53



1TB 2TB 4TB Portable SSD Type-C External Hard Drive USB 3.1 High Speed PC picture

1TB 2TB 4TB Portable SSD Type-C External Hard Drive USB 3.1 High Speed PC

$15.99



128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos picture

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos

$117.45