-
Senior Member
registered user
--I see 0xf000, not 0000... Anyway, my natsemi is set to irq=9, 0x5000. Modprobe should only be loading it into a usable address tho.
--Also, you shouldn't have to set the route manually. (Every time I've messed with route, things broke.) I am by no means a networking "guru" either, to this day I can't get Windows networking (SMB shares) working between 2 Win98se machines. In Linux, everything Just Works. But I'm learning more everyday, even got Iptables working and figured out how to do dhcp serving. So perhaps I am not the best person to answer your question, but I feel a need to try and help.
--What is the "other system" it's working perfectly on? Can you ping the router and other boxes? Have you tried swapping out the Ethernet cable?

Originally Posted by
unclebulgaria
It looks like I may know the problem, the base address is set to 0x0000.
Anyone know how I could get around this? An argument on modprobing, pehaps?
Similar Threads
-
By mpeden in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-29-2004, 11:17 AM
-
By mpeden in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-29-2004, 12:32 AM
-
By tkrishna in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-11-2004, 05:36 AM
-
By gyro in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-06-2004, 03:22 AM
-
By linux-noob in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 10
Last Post: 07-30-2003, 05:58 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Assorted Vintage Lot of Apple Macintosh items
$100.00

🔥 Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS �
$216.30

Vintage computer AMD K6-2 300 MHz 96 MB ram No HDD/No OS
$79.99

Dell Inspiron 3800 Forest Green Vintage Laptop - Windows 2000 - Pentium III
$175.00

Vintage 2011 15" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Core i5, A1278
$80.00

Lot of 85 Vintage Computer Punch Cards Cascade Homeowners Ephemera Junk Journal
$26.99

60 Vintage IBM Punch Cards City of Corvallis OR Municipal Mainframe Data Tech
$22.99

Apple Macintosh 512K M0001W Vintage Mac Untested Turns On For Parts
$299.99

Vintage 486 VLB Motherboard Combo AMD Am486 DX4-120 SiS 85C471 AMI BIOS SIMM
$149.00

Vintage Intel iPDS-100 Personal Development System
$1499.99