-
Senior Member
registered user
--I see 0xf000, not 0000... Anyway, my natsemi is set to irq=9, 0x5000. Modprobe should only be loading it into a usable address tho.
--Also, you shouldn't have to set the route manually. (Every time I've messed with route, things broke.) I am by no means a networking "guru" either, to this day I can't get Windows networking (SMB shares) working between 2 Win98se machines. In Linux, everything Just Works. But I'm learning more everyday, even got Iptables working and figured out how to do dhcp serving. So perhaps I am not the best person to answer your question, but I feel a need to try and help.
--What is the "other system" it's working perfectly on? Can you ping the router and other boxes? Have you tried swapping out the Ethernet cable?

Originally Posted by
unclebulgaria
It looks like I may know the problem, the base address is set to 0x0000.
Anyone know how I could get around this? An argument on modprobing, pehaps?
Similar Threads
-
By mpeden in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-29-2004, 11:17 AM
-
By mpeden in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-29-2004, 12:32 AM
-
By tkrishna in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-11-2004, 05:36 AM
-
By gyro in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-06-2004, 03:22 AM
-
By linux-noob in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 10
Last Post: 07-30-2003, 05:58 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D - Ryzen 7 9000 Series Zen 5 8-Core 5.2 GHz - Socket AM5 120W
$399.99

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished
$44.99

Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU
$39.99

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00

COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4
$169.95

Intel Core i9-13900K Processor (5.8 GHz, 24 Cores, LGA 1700)
$320.00