-
Senior Member
registered user
FireWire (ieee1394) problem using the last 24/09/2003 CD
Dear Sirs,
I have experienced major problem to mount my external FireWire Hard Disk Drive at my Fujitsu-Siemens AMILO A laptop running last 24/09 Knoppix CD.
Bear in mind that some old versions of Knoppix CD that I have (with kernel version 2.4.20 and NOT 2.4.21 , 2.4.22) do working with this FireWire HD without any problem when I manually run modprobe ieee1394 and modprobe ohci1394
I believe that is some how kernel problem... (Incorrect compilation of the modules maybe ???)
Any info or workarround???
Best Regards
Mike Kranidis
-
Senior Member
registered user
Yes knoppix 3.2 was great in that it would autodetect and automount firewire drives. Something changed in the kernel/version of 1394 used, so that no longer happens :(
The modules are fine. Just been through what you've been through, and yes in the end I was able to mount and use my external firewire drive.
Download and run rescan-scsi-bus.sh and then try mounting your drive. If that doesn't work, try the steps outlined at http://www.linux1394.org/faq.html#sbp2trouble
Can't go into many more details now as I'm at work :( Will check back later here tonight if possible.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Dear c123,
thanks a lot for your reply.
I will go to the url that you send me and I will try...
Best Regards
Mike Kranidis
Similar Threads
-
By rduke15 in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-07-2005, 06:07 AM
-
By rduke15 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 02:59 AM
-
By shimi in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-21-2004, 04:45 PM
-
By remhigh in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-24-2004, 07:55 PM
-
By TheStar in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-10-2003, 02:26 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Micron 6x64GB(384GB)DDR4 ECC Registered LRDIMM PC4-2400T 288-Pin MTA72ASS8G72LZ
$1600.00

Samsung Planet First 8GB 2Rx4 PC3-10600R
$341.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99