--I took a quick look at the lftp man page. If you do a ' set -a ' within lftp, a bunch of stuff comes up. You could try modifying some of the following:

set net:idle 180
set net:reconnect-interval-base 30
set net:reconnect-interval-max 600
set net:timeout 300

--Here is excerpt from the man page:
Code:
net:idle (seconds)
              disconnect from server after that number of idle seconds.
.
.
.
       Certain commands and settings take a time interval  parameter.  It  has the  format  Nx[Nx...],  where N is time amount and x is time unit: d -
       days, h - hours, m - minutes, s - seconds. Default unit is second. E.g. 5h30m.   Also the interval can be `infinity', `inf', `never', `forever'
       - it means infinite interval. E.g. `sleep forever' or  `set  dns:cache-expire never'.
--No guarantees, I haven't tried this myself.


Quote Originally Posted by gart
Hey all,
I'm having trouble using the lftp client. Is there a way to get lftp to act like ftp and maintain the connection (instead of dropping it). I'm not running in GUI mode, so I don't have konqueror or anything else like that.

Ideally, ncftp or gnu ftp.

Thanks for the help!

--Pat