Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Wont Boot on Toshiba...?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1

    Wont Boot on Toshiba...?

    Hey, i have been reading around and cant find any help... heres my problem. I burned the cd, and im pritty sure i did it correctly. When i inster the cd, and restart it doesnt load. It just goes right to windows xp.
    Alright now here are the things i tried...
    I changed the BIOS to boot from cd first
    I tried to boot from a floppy
    I downloaded it again from a different place and reburned it.
    I tried a lot of different things and nothings working... can someone plz help.

    I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop
    Pen 4 2.4ghz
    512 ram
    80gb hdd

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933

    Re: Wont Boot on Toshiba...?

    Quote Originally Posted by lazydayz
    Hey, i have been reading around and cant find any help... heres my problem. I burned the cd, and im pritty sure i did it correctly. When i inster the cd, and restart it doesnt load. It just goes right to windows xp.
    Alright now here are the things i tried...
    I changed the BIOS to boot from cd first
    Just to be sure- you can boot a different bootable cd but not Knoppix yes?

    I tried to boot from a floppy
    What floppy? Where did you get it from? How did you make it? What happens?

    I downloaded it again from a different place and reburned it.
    I tried a lot of different things and nothings working... can someone plz help.

    I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop
    Pen 4 2.4ghz
    512 ram
    80gb hdd
    Have you another machine to boot the cd on? You did check the md5sum before burning right?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    3
    I have got knoppix 3.1 3.2 and 3.3 to boot on a tosh sattelite
    P4 2g with 256 Mb mem and 30Gb disk, so it should work.

Similar Threads

  1. Wont boot on Toshiba Portege 3480ct
    By red2scorer in forum Laptops
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-22-2005, 04:03 AM
  2. PC wont boot Knoppix
    By Weetabix in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-28-2004, 08:19 PM
  3. Knoppix wont boot
    By Bklynjava in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-23-2004, 02:37 PM
  4. Knoppix wont boot with boot floppy
    By proto in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 11:29 PM
  5. Knoppix wont even boot
    By simmo in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-17-2003, 02:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold picture

32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold

$121.00



128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory picture

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory

$189.00



Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V picture

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V

$41.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



Used Computer RAM - This Is For Multiple Sticks Of RAM picture

Used Computer RAM - This Is For Multiple Sticks Of RAM

$120.00



Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1 picture

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1

$399.00