-
Unable to connect to proxy server
Hi knoppixiers,
I'm using knoppix 3.3 and cable modem connection
I'm not be able to connect to my proxy server (192.168.0.1) ICS from Win-Xp Server. the server work fine with win-xp/win2k clients.
I did netcardconfig and set my knoppix ip 192.168.0.4 , Mask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 192.168.0.255 default gatetway 192.168.0.1
and i did set my mozilla proxy setting to direct connection to the Internet.
I got errors message " www.knoppix.net could not be found Please blah....blah"
accidently I set my mozilla ip manually to 192.168.1.2 port 80 and it is be able to connect to Internet
My question : Why I need to set my mozilla ip to 192.168.1.2 : 80
not to ip 192.168.0.1 : 80 point to proxy server (WinXP)?
thank you for your answers in advanced
-
Senior Member
registered user
Now......I don't use XP and so I may be way out in left field (well OK I live in left field) but I was always under the impression that ICS for WIN used a DHCP server. If that is in fact the case then all you need to do is say 'yes' to DHCP when you do netcardconfig. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Similar Threads
-
By lostinspace in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-12-2005, 09:00 PM
-
By raven in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-20-2004, 01:00 PM
-
By rmdnet in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-30-2003, 09:07 PM
-
By hoefmeistert in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-15-2003, 11:22 AM
-
By NBCthreat in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-15-2003, 12:40 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s
$78.00

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99