-
F'ed by Xp "Thanks a bunch peter"
Somehow Xp is screwed up on my system. Dont really know how but will not boot. Anyhow I am using knoppix 3.2 to view my HD and was wondering if there is a CD-Burner avalible. I am looking to write a few gigs to Cd's and reinstall the OS. Any help would be great.
"Thanks a bunch peter", you should find out what movie this is from and watch it.
-
I'm slow
Just found out how dumb i was. All these programs have descriptions, not k3b, but i found it.
"peter! ...whaaats hapening.... ummmm yeeaaahhh..i'm gonna need to go ahead and come in on saterday....yeeaahh...we lost a few people and we need to kinda play catch up.
-
BURNER HELP!
I have a burner but how do i select it? Box on k3b doesnt show it. Do I need to tell k3b it is there via other means?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Not sure this will help but there is a K3b setup. One thing once you have located your burner is to make sure you specify (perhaps) 'generic-mmc' instead of 'auto' as the 'cdrdao driver'.
Finally, my k3b wouldn't find/work with the latest version of cdrdao, so I downloaded (and downgraded) to an earlier version and it works, some kind of bug you might find more info on elsewhere.
Cheers, Stu.....
-
thx stu
I was able to get it running. Losing a gig of personal files is frieghtening. Was able to burn using k3b.
I was thinking about backing up a week ago...should have seems I had a premenition.
thx for the help Knoppix community.
-
For the future....
I know it's too late to help you now, but in the future keep all your data on a separate partition from the one your OS is on. It is a practice that has saved my ass a dozen times. That way if your OS gets hosed you just reinstall and don't have to worry about losing data.
Similar Threads
-
By stuart_b in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-19-2004, 10:10 PM
-
By Pokec in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-07-2003, 07:39 PM
-
By oreo in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 06:33 PM
-
By geebee2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
-
By Juny in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD + 3TB HDD
$799.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00