-
Updating
Ok, I was'nt going to do this but I downloaded and burned to cd the 9-24-2003 update. I currently am running the 9-5-2003 version. With a few added programs (installed to hd) Anyways how do I upgrade my hd install without wiping everything out, and do I really need to?
Thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user
There's no need for you to intstall anything other than what's in Debian. If you need an upgraded app then use apt-get. You may find yourself tempted to do a dist-upgrade and while it is certainly possible I wouldn't recommend it. Upgrade your system a few packages at at time. That way- you have a much better chance of fixing it if one of your new packages breaks something.
Similar Threads
-
By Killerah in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-12-2005, 06:00 PM
-
By mark.johnson in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 11
Last Post: 06-10-2005, 03:09 AM
-
By alphager in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-19-2005, 06:25 AM
-
By emanuelez in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-31-2003, 09:19 AM
-
By johncarlson21 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-27-2003, 01:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$225.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50