-
Wierd SSH problem
I recently fsckd my old RedHat 7.3 install. Luckily none of my data was lost and I installed Knoppix on the machine. The only problem I'm having is with SSH. Everything works fine but if I leave the connection idle for a time and then start typing there will be a delay before any data is sent to the receiving machine of a little over ten seconds. Needless to say this is quite annoying. I've looked through all the ssh and sshd options and even checked my old RedHat config files (didn't have the issue with RedHat) but haven't been able to determine the cause. There shouldn't be any latency since both machines are on the same network. This doesn't happen on other remote machines that I've tried. Both boxes are pretty identical in configuration (both Knoppix
) with the same version of ssl and OpenSSH_3.6.1p2 Debian 1:3.6.1p2-9, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0. Any ideas?
-
Is it that you leave the connection idle, or the whole comptuer idle?
Maybe some other proscess is hogging resources while ssh is idle, and it takes a while to return the resources when ssh askes for them. I do not thing it is a network/protocol problem.
Keep me informed.
-
You could try nice and renice (ing) ssh.
-
Thanks for the reply. This problem happens when the load on the machine is pretty much sitting at 0 and the whole machine is not idle, I've just let the connection sit for a while without typing anything.
I don't think nice would have any effect since the process has more than enough resources to work with.
One other interesting thing to note is that it only happens when I ssh from my notebook to my desktop but not vice-versa.
Similar Threads
-
By bigkahuna in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-10-2005, 09:35 AM
-
By ruin2it3 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-03-2004, 07:30 AM
-
By pblue in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-30-2004, 06:01 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-15-2003, 10:19 AM
-
By Triple Six in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-15-2003, 04:23 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99

Cisco CP-8851-3PW-NA-K9 IP Phone MPP Multiplatform VoIP 4 New Open Box
$74.99

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

YEALINK T34W PHONE & 2 MONTHS OF PHONE SERVICE
$65.00