well I see less than I'm used to during the initial initialization, gonna do a reboot on it.
Ok it boots off floppy, (havn't bothered to finish installing 2k on the other half of this dualboot, and initailizing it's bootloader.)
and the floppy has a simple load, shows loading vmlinuz for a about 10-15 dots, then pops the penguin and it's already got like 1/2 thru the pci cards and then it rolls a few more.. then i saw loading xwindows, and it blacks out.... and loads the login

But wierd thing is, i did ctrl-alt-F3 and i got a tty (which i wasn't geting erlier), albiet a wierd tty, one with a large block cursor, and a little part in the bottom middle that was out of color.
I went to tty 4-6, and back to 7 the gui, but then i went to 2 and it blacked out again... and i couldn't get back to the gui... so i dunno what that was..