-
Knoppix not DHCPing (?)
Hi, I'm new to the Knoppix board and Knoppix itself, but I've been using DamnSmallLinux for a while now. When I got a new motherboard in my mom's machine, DSL all of a sudden couldn't sync up or whatever with the net card. It kept saying eth0: link up and then finally gave up. That was with v4.5. It still does it with v4.8. I got Knoppix, to see if it would have the same problem or not, and it does, however it doesn't hang on the netcard part for a while and then give up. It does the whole DHCP and backgrounding part, but it instantly moves on to the next step, faster than if DSL had found the net card. I'm also having this problem in my machine. The motherboards in both machines are MSI. They're different chipsets, I think. Mine is VIA KT133A Chipset Based, but I dunno what my mom's is right now (I'm at my dad's, where my machine is). I know for a fact, however, that both motherboards do not have nForce support or anything like that. I tried using th 'knoppix nosmp' boot option, but all that did was get rid of the "Error: Only one processor found" error upon start up (both machines). Any help would be appreciated, I've already posted this at the DSL forums, but I havn't recieved much help from them..
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

Intel Core Ultra 7 265K 3.9GHz LGA 1851 Processor
$249.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99