Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Making a boot floppy

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    14

    Making a boot floppy

    Somehow nothing wrote to the floppy when I was going through the install. Of course, I'm half way through the Knoppix install now and need a boot floppy. Any way I can do this still? Knoppix is on my HD as far as I can see.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    14

    Update

    UPDATE - I'm installed and running OK.

    I just went in and did a re-install and when it asked for the floppy to be put in, I did that as normal and this time everything went smooth.

    One note for interested parties...

    The first time I went through the install, I used the shell icon with the
    'clam'. The second time, I used the shell from the Knoppix-root icon (the one with the little penguin). The first time I couldn't get Knoppix to come up when I rebooted. The second time, everything worked fine. I wish I could explain this a little better but I'm new to Linux. But if anyone has any specific questions, post them here and I'll try to answer as best I can.

    I'm still curious as to what should be done if you didn't choose to run a floppy during the install. Where would you go to do that post-install?

    Thanks again for everyone's help! I've finally entered the world of Linux!

Similar Threads

  1. help making boot floppy to boot cd rom.
    By niceguy167 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-30-2004, 05:06 AM
  2. Making a Boot Floppy With SCSI Support
    By conall in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2004, 11:52 PM
  3. making a boot.img who mount / from nfs RO instead of CD
    By oarcher in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-10-2003, 09:37 PM
  4. making a boot floppy.....
    By jamesgf in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-16-2003, 06:15 PM
  5. The art of making a boot / root cd
    By Gozar in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-27-2003, 07:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Amiga Commodore A500  - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage picture

Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage

$200.00



TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded picture

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded

$89.50



Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller picture

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller

$39.99



Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller picture

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller

$39.99



Commodore 64 Vintage 64K Home Computer Personal Computer Boxed picture

Commodore 64 Vintage 64K Home Computer Personal Computer Boxed

$1000.00



Commodore 64 Vintage Computer System *PARTS/AS IS* picture

Commodore 64 Vintage Computer System *PARTS/AS IS*

$70.00



Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA picture

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA

$10.49



Abacus Software Commodore 128 C-128 Book Lot 8 BASIC 7.0 CP/M CAD Manuals picture

Abacus Software Commodore 128 C-128 Book Lot 8 BASIC 7.0 CP/M CAD Manuals

$500.00



Commodore Plus4 Computer CBM 264 Original Box Not Working Repair or Part G2U picture

Commodore Plus4 Computer CBM 264 Original Box Not Working Repair or Part G2U

$99.99



Commodore 64 Drive Alignment & Utility Diskette picture

Commodore 64 Drive Alignment & Utility Diskette

$9.99