-
Junior Member
registered user
GOT IT!
I went and redid the entire install. This time I just went to the Knoppix root icon, the one with the little penguin and typed 'Knoppix-install' and then went through the motions. When I rebooted, there appeared my choices between the Windows OS's and Linux/Knoppix.
I was told several different things to type at the shell but I'm not sure if all were right in some way or maybe someone left a word out or whatever. Also, the first time I was using the Clam shell icon to get to that shell and the second time I used the penguin icon to go to the root shell. I'm still new to this so it's a bit hard to explain still. The short of it is that I'm in and now I can set about learning to do things with the OS.
Thanks to everyone who has been helping me along!
Similar Threads
-
By likwid in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-07-2004, 03:52 AM
-
By kidsatacrux in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 19
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 07:41 AM
-
By knoxx in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-16-2004, 03:04 AM
-
By hendry in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-11-2003, 02:57 PM
-
By sridharb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-30-2003, 06:17 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM SYSTEM X3550 M5 5463AC1 2.5x8 Server 2*XEON E5-2640 V3 8GB SEE NOTES
$85.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99

IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 )
$24.99