-
Nearly there. Online at least.
Problem solved partially. I am now on the net using knoppix but I must do the following:
#su
#password
#mii-tools
reply is :
eth0: 100mbit half-duplex no-link
so then I
mii-tool -F 10baseT-HD eth0
pppoeconf as normal.
eth0 is configured static similar to my win98 setup in winipcfg but with nothing in default gateway.
My problem now is I have to be in su mode to log on. How do I change the pppoe permission so that all users can log on?
And is there a way to keep the eth0 in 10 half-duplex all the time? So I don't (or more importantly my girlfreind) doesn't have to keep typing these commands?
Similar Threads
-
By moift in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-18-2004, 01:34 PM
-
By Evilgabo in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2004, 11:29 PM
-
By mharazin78 in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-14-2004, 07:36 PM
-
By illcuban in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-20-2003, 02:45 AM
-
By SniperNeo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 11-17-2003, 09:03 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99