Permissions problem on the new fonts. Change the permissions. so everybody and use them. Also where the fonts installed as root?
Hi all,
can somebody help me with this problem, please:
I installed knoppix on my laptop harddisk, which
was quite easy, thanks alot for that to the guys who made the knoppix CD!
I have Windows2000 installed on the same disk, so
I installed windows2000 fonts into OpenOffice using spadmin,
following the instructions from http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...highlight=font.
But now I don't see any text labels in the OpenOffice applications anymore.
It seems that the X server does not find the font?!
I called spadmin as root, and strange is, that as user 'root' the OpenOffice
apps work fine (text is visible), but as user 'knoppix' not.
Any help is appreciated
Permissions problem on the new fonts. Change the permissions. so everybody and use them. Also where the fonts installed as root?
Yes, that was it! Owner and permissions were wrong. I changed them and it worked!
Thank you!![]()

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge R730xd 12Bay3.5, 7x3tb w Trays, 32Gb, 2x12c V4, H730
$500.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99
Dell PowerEdge R720 Server 2x Xeon E5-2670 2.6 GHz 64 GB RAM No OS No HDD Read-
$239.95