Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Dance Dance Tux Project

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    32

    Dance Dance Tux Project

    OK, I just can't find enough time for this project (if you go to Docs, then KnoppixCustomize or something like that, you will find the Dance Dance Tux project...DDT). I started working on it, but since I have dial-up, and I'm behind a proxy server, making the distro was getting too hard, so I "abandoned" the project
    If anyone wants to continue it, can send me an email to [email protected] first, then modify the Wiki page. (I want to know who will be in charge of it first).
    I would really like to see something like this and not just in my imagination .
    If you think you can work on it, then get all the software required from APT-GET and the songs from http://www.ddrspain.com/ this site is in spanish, but you only have to do this:
    Go to Descargas (Downloads), then to the "Dance Dance Revolution" category (it should say 0 in ()'s) Once you are in there there is a category called DDRSpain Packages (or something like that), and then you can download the zip files with the mixes, which will make your job a lot easier.

    OK, I'm waiting for someone to make this idea into a great distro.

    Thank you,

    Hernan

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    220
    Can you give me more info about the:
    - Optimized parallel mat drivers (the current ones are really slow)

    I don't fully understand how much work does it take for this point..

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    32
    about the parallel drivers, i read on the pyDance website, that the current 'drivers' are really slow, I have no idea either, but I read it, and I tought I would need to replace them if I wanted a portable DDR system.

    just go to google.com and search for pyDance, and the site will come up.

    Good luck,

    Hernan

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    220
    looks cool but it will require kernel recompile and someone to test it

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    32
    go ahead and do it, i will help you on the testing...as soon as u get a stable version.. (and take out a lot of programs, and put 1 or 2 songs, only) (i have dial up, but i might be able to download the file at school, as long as it's under 50 megs.. sry)

    good luck

    hernan

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    32
    I guess im alone in this project...anyone there?

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    220
    it takes time

Similar Threads

  1. New project but iso is too big
    By rabinhood in forum Knoppix DVD
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 07-11-2005, 02:52 PM
  2. it's got a good beat & you can dance to it...
    By nishtya in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-03-2004, 08:09 PM
  3. Project Looking Glass?
    By IsaacKuo in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-11-2004, 04:51 PM
  4. Need assistance with a project
    By Rachel Sykes in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-16-2004, 02:11 PM
  5. Knoppix project help....
    By ceejay187 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2004, 09:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$159.99



Hitachi HUS726060ALA640 6TB 7.2K SATA 3.5 6G HDD Hard Disc Drive picture

Hitachi HUS726060ALA640 6TB 7.2K SATA 3.5 6G HDD Hard Disc Drive

$109.99



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99



HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD picture

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$41.00



Hitachi  / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD

$29.99



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health

$78.00



HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED picture

HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED

$34.95



Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408

$354.99



New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD

$137.59