Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Xlibs-pic

  1. #1

    Xlibs-pic

    Hi all,
    Trying to compile kdemultimedia3.2 I got a can't find -lXv_pic, I tryed to install another xlibs-pic but it messd up my machine.
    Can any body tell me where can I find the original package of xlibs-pic which have been installed on knoppix3.3 and how can I compile kdemultimedia?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    130
    I don't know the answer to your question, but I have the same problem compiling k3b. From my search, it appears that xlib_pics has to do with some dependence of kde development packages on xfre86 version 4.2.1, while knoppix comes with version 4.3.0. If you open synaptic and look at the description of xlibs_pic, it says it is a dummy package to deal with unmet dependencies in kde development packages. If anyone knows how to compile kde packages on knoppix, please reply!

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by m_yates
    I don't know the answer to your question, but I have the same problem compiling k3b.
    You can get the new k3b 0.10 with this line in your /etc/apt/sources.list.
    Code:
    # K3b sources for sarge requires KDE > 3.1.2 from SID
    deb http://www.planet-moll.de/debian sarge main
    Then either download but not install with apt or try to install get the error and then cd /var/cache/apt/archives next dpkg -i --force-overwrite k3b_0.10-1_i386.deb and the install will work.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    130
    Wow, thanks for the apt source and information. I can now burn DVD's using k3b!

  5. #5
    I didn't know what it is a dummy package or not but before removing it there was everything ok. Now I just want to upgrade it to 4.3 and there is no package!

Similar Threads

  1. Problem with xlibs-pic package while installing QT3 Dev Libs
    By Digital Killer in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-22-2003, 02:07 AM
  2. apt-get Dependencies for kdevelop xlibs-pic
    By code-pupil in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-03-2003, 08:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$115.00



LG PCS200S Pro:Centric Server Hospitality TV Management System 1U Rackmount picture

LG PCS200S Pro:Centric Server Hospitality TV Management System 1U Rackmount

$350.00



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$12.99



Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set picture

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set

$58.00



Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU picture

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU

$649.00



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



Hitachi 14TB SATA 6Gb/s, 3.5”, 7200 RPM, Linux Only Hard Drive. 100% HEALTH. picture

Hitachi 14TB SATA 6Gb/s, 3.5”, 7200 RPM, Linux Only Hard Drive. 100% HEALTH.

$197.00



Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP

$299.00



SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA picture

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA

$284.99