Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Xlibs-pic

  1. #1

    Xlibs-pic

    Hi all,
    Trying to compile kdemultimedia3.2 I got a can't find -lXv_pic, I tryed to install another xlibs-pic but it messd up my machine.
    Can any body tell me where can I find the original package of xlibs-pic which have been installed on knoppix3.3 and how can I compile kdemultimedia?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    130
    I don't know the answer to your question, but I have the same problem compiling k3b. From my search, it appears that xlib_pics has to do with some dependence of kde development packages on xfre86 version 4.2.1, while knoppix comes with version 4.3.0. If you open synaptic and look at the description of xlibs_pic, it says it is a dummy package to deal with unmet dependencies in kde development packages. If anyone knows how to compile kde packages on knoppix, please reply!

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by m_yates
    I don't know the answer to your question, but I have the same problem compiling k3b.
    You can get the new k3b 0.10 with this line in your /etc/apt/sources.list.
    Code:
    # K3b sources for sarge requires KDE > 3.1.2 from SID
    deb http://www.planet-moll.de/debian sarge main
    Then either download but not install with apt or try to install get the error and then cd /var/cache/apt/archives next dpkg -i --force-overwrite k3b_0.10-1_i386.deb and the install will work.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    130
    Wow, thanks for the apt source and information. I can now burn DVD's using k3b!

  5. #5
    I didn't know what it is a dummy package or not but before removing it there was everything ok. Now I just want to upgrade it to 4.3 and there is no package!

Similar Threads

  1. Problem with xlibs-pic package while installing QT3 Dev Libs
    By Digital Killer in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-22-2003, 02:07 AM
  2. apt-get Dependencies for kdevelop xlibs-pic
    By code-pupil in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-03-2003, 08:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.30



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller picture

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller

$739.99



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives

$149.95



Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA  HDD picture

Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD

$14.99



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US picture

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US

$49.50



EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD picture

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD

$239.99