-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Cleaning up

Originally Posted by
Heavy-G
Hi,
I am a happy Knoppix/Debian user for over 5 months now, but there is one little thing that I'm not so very happy with.
Untill recently I did not know of the --purge option for apt-get, and since I've cleaned up my Knoppix HD install (removed alot of packages I didn't use) there are loads of configuration files in /etc/.
Does anyone know of a solution to solve this? I would really like to clean up my system..
If you know for certain that you are not going to re-install the application you can remove it's configurations files but if you ever re-install the application the configuration files will not be re-created the system will still think they are installed. It would probably be best if you are going to delete to move the files to a temporary directory to make sure that nothing else depends on them then after a while if things go well then delete them or use tar and compress them up to save space in case you ever re-install an app or find you need one of the files.
Similar Threads
-
By krazynesphreak in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-11-2005, 06:55 PM
-
By kurohyou in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-21-2005, 06:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*
$80.00

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

3 Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Office 2007, Windows Vista Business Vintage
$60.00

Oneida Silversmiths NOEL Christmas Spoons Lot 9 Vintage 1975-1983 Annual Series
$29.61
![Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac picture](/store/img/g/EhEAAOSwg7ZnexmU/s-l225/Apple-Macintosh-Boot-Disk-System-1-0-8-0-400-800k-.jpg)
Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac
$14.75

Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard
$350.00

Vintage Toshiba Satellite 4090XDVD Intel Celeron 400Mhz Retro - Powers up Cards
$57.59