-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Cleaning up

Originally Posted by
Heavy-G
Hi,
I am a happy Knoppix/Debian user for over 5 months now, but there is one little thing that I'm not so very happy with.
Untill recently I did not know of the --purge option for apt-get, and since I've cleaned up my Knoppix HD install (removed alot of packages I didn't use) there are loads of configuration files in /etc/.
Does anyone know of a solution to solve this? I would really like to clean up my system..
If you know for certain that you are not going to re-install the application you can remove it's configurations files but if you ever re-install the application the configuration files will not be re-created the system will still think they are installed. It would probably be best if you are going to delete to move the files to a temporary directory to make sure that nothing else depends on them then after a while if things go well then delete them or use tar and compress them up to save space in case you ever re-install an app or find you need one of the files.
Similar Threads
-
By krazynesphreak in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-11-2005, 06:55 PM
-
By kurohyou in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-21-2005, 06:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99

Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit
$199.97

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75

DEFECTIVE Atari 400800 PAL CPU6502C Sally PCB with PAL ANTIC GTIA G3D
$70.00