-
Mounting SMBFS under Knoppix 2 cheat code
How come mounting a windows share under text mode does not work but the default xwindows cheat code works fine?
sample command:
mount -t smbfs //10.1.1.3/share /mnt/win
I have IP address, permissions and /mnt/win made already.
Does it have to do the rc.X startup scripts?
I get after putting in the password:
437: tree connect failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)
SMB connection failed
-
Senior Member
registered user
put a "-o username=knoppix" at the end of that command without quotes, and create the user knoppix on the windows machine with the same password as user knoppix on the knoppix machine, and rights to access the share. Have to create a samba user also that uses that password I think. At least that's how I got samba mounting work.
I hardcoded overclockix to share its home and its whole filesystem, but that only works if you hdd-install it. For mounting windows partitions I made a sheel script called mountnetdrive.
Useage of it is:
sudo mountnetdrive [unique character] [host] [share] knoppix
then enter knoppix's password
The unique character is appended to the default mount point. Ie if you used "1", then the share would be mounted to /mnt/netdrive1
-
I figured it out
I was accessing the Windows box with a local account, so Samba (hardcoded my domain in the remastering of the www.damnsmalllinux.org CD, installing smbfs) was thinking it was in my domain which it wasn't and i was getting the permision error.
so
mount -t smbfs //windowspcipaddresshere/share /mnt/win -o username=myusername,domain=mydomain
get asked for pass and it works.
-
remove the domain part
,domain=mydomain
Similar Threads
-
By alxdotnet in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-12-2004, 05:51 PM
-
By dng88 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-04-2003, 11:37 PM
-
By hankster in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-04-2003, 09:37 AM
-
By bassbrnr in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-10-2003, 03:21 AM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-20-2003, 09:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Lot of 14 Micron 8GB DDR4-3200 PC4-3200AA SODIMM Laptop RAM MTA8ATF1G64HZ-3G2J1
$359.00

Samsung 64gb DDR4 ECC 288-Pin DIMM PC4-3200AA M393A2K40EB3-CWEBY
$449.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Lot of 4 8GB DDR4 PC4-2400T ECC Registered Server RAM 32GB 1Rx8 RDIMM MICRON
$149.99