Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: unknown cron job

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5

    unknown cron job

    I have this mail message coming every 10 minutes:

    From root@Knoppix Mon Jan 27 14:50:02 2003
    Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 14:50:02 -0800 (PST)
    From: root@Knoppix (Cron Daemon)
    To: root@Knoppix
    Subject: Cron <root@terry> test -d /etc/lvmtab.d && test -x /sbin/lvmsadc && test -f /etc/lvmtab && /sbin/lvmsadc /var/log/lvm
    X-Cron-Env: <SHELL=/bin/sh>
    X-Cron-Env: <HOME=/root>
    X-Cron-Env: <PATH=/usr/bin:/bin>
    X-Cron-Env: <LOGNAME=root>

    lvmsadc -- no volume groups found

    I have not set up any cron jobs. I have looked in KCron, and it doesn't seem like there are jobs set up there either. I don't have any logical volumes ( which is what I think this is concerning ).
    To keep root's mailbox from filling with these unneeded ( I think ) messages, what should I do?

    Yes, I am a newbie.
    Thanks
    Terry Egan

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    What I did was edit the lvm-common entry in /etc/cron.d and remarked out the line that starts with a " ! " following the " ! " is the line you are seeing as the subject of the mail.

    You could probably just remove (delete) the lvm-common file, but I would rather just comment something like this out, in case something comes up later and you find out now you need it. I would rather error on the safe side.

    HTH

    rock

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5
    I tried using a "!" and the effect was that the mail message was sent every hour instead of every 10 minutes. I then tried using a "#" as the comment instead of a "!", then then I did not get the message. Thanks!javascript:emoticon(%27%3AD%27)

Similar Threads

  1. Cron
    By rrijkse in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2004, 05:43 AM
  2. unknown bus type 2
    By rcastel in forum Laptops
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-06-2004, 11:20 PM
  3. Does cron and shaper need to be started?
    By Markus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 10:27 PM
  4. audiocd: unknown protocol
    By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-23-2003, 08:05 PM
  5. cron
    By punk000 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-24-2003, 07:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99



TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99