Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Noob needs help using Knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2

    Noob needs help using Knoppix

    I downloaded the ISO and burned it on a CD. I'm using OSX right now. How do I get started. I have no idea what to do. When I try opening files, it says "no default application has been chosen to open this file".

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    130
    Knoppix doesn't work on macs, only x86 processors. There is a power PC version of Knoppix for macs:

    http://debian.tu-bs.de/knoppix/powerPC/

    To use it, you just need to boot the computer from the CD.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2
    Yeah, I already have that. I didn't know I needed to boot from the CD. I'll try it and see if it works.

    Thanks

Similar Threads

  1. Help with K3B, noob to knoppix and linux please help
    By justinscouting in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-30-2005, 09:45 AM
  2. KNOPPIX ROCKS......but I'm a noob
    By hoy_128 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-03-2004, 02:34 AM
  3. noob trying to load knoppix 3_3
    By popgeorge in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-20-2004, 02:47 PM
  4. Noob wants to Remaster Knoppix
    By Drezliok in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-01-2004, 02:43 PM
  5. knoppix won't boot for noob!
    By archdlx in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-26-2003, 02:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested picture

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested

$35.00



(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT) picture

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)

$700.00



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU picture

Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU

$99.99



INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG picture

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG

$299.99



Intel Core i7-14700K Processor (BRAND NEW) picture

Intel Core i7-14700K Processor (BRAND NEW)

$330.00