That's a useless error warning if you are really concerned you can install hwtools IIRC and then edit the /etc/init.d/hwtools file that will be created and the dma will get started earlier.Originally Posted by m_yates
During bootup, I get a warning from fsck saying hard drive dma is turned off and fsck will be very slow. The "bootmisc.sh" script turns on DMA, but apparently this is done after the "checkfs.sh" script that runs the fsck check. I haven't had to run fsck yet, but I'd like to correct the problem. Does anyone know how to turn on dma BEFORE fsck is run during boot up?
That's a useless error warning if you are really concerned you can install hwtools IIRC and then edit the /etc/init.d/hwtools file that will be created and the dma will get started earlier.Originally Posted by m_yates
Thank you for the answer. I guess I won't worry about it, but now I know what to do to change things.
so how do you fix this error?
I have hdparm in bootmisc.sh
but it loads after like you said.
I've already said in the post above to be perfectly clear.Originally Posted by buneyha
apt-get install hwtools next you would vi /etc/init.d/hwtools then uncomment the appropriate lines and comment out the lines in the bootmisc.sh then it gets started a little earlier.

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72