View Poll Results: What window manager do you normally use on Knoppix?
- Voters
- 21. You may not vote on this poll
-
Junior Member
registered user
Would anyone care to comment on the merits of the other window managers available on the Knoppix CD? I've tried them all*, but only briefly. So far, I haven't seen anything that encouraged me to wean myself away from KDE.
Coming from Windows, I find KDE comfortably familiar, but I don't doubt that it suffers from bloat. I use a lot of keyboard shortcuts in Windows, and I'd like to be able to do the same thing in Knoppix. For instance, KDE's K menu does not support initial-leter navigation. Are there any window managers that provide this sort of keyboard access?
*For some reason, I can't get Knoppix to use Gnome, but I was able to try Gnome with the heavy gui version of Morphix.
Similar Threads
-
By DeepThought in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-11-2004, 02:59 PM
-
By brad in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 8
Last Post: 09-07-2004, 02:18 PM
-
By Jared in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-27-2003, 08:11 PM
-
By hugo in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-27-2003, 05:48 PM
-
By Rixel in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-23-2003, 09:26 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON GOLD CPU KIT 6130 16C FOR HPE XL1X0R XL170R XL190R G10 874286-B21
$2295.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TS-S01U00
$279.00

INTEL XEON GOLD 5222 4C 3.8GHZ FOR THINKSYSTEM SR650 4XG7A37951
$995.00

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

INTEL XEON CPU KIT E5-2640V2 8 CORE PROCESSOR FOR DELL PRECISION T7610 E5-2640V2
$495.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00