View Poll Results: What window manager do you normally use on Knoppix?
- Voters
- 21. You may not vote on this poll
-
Junior Member
registered user
Would anyone care to comment on the merits of the other window managers available on the Knoppix CD? I've tried them all*, but only briefly. So far, I haven't seen anything that encouraged me to wean myself away from KDE.
Coming from Windows, I find KDE comfortably familiar, but I don't doubt that it suffers from bloat. I use a lot of keyboard shortcuts in Windows, and I'd like to be able to do the same thing in Knoppix. For instance, KDE's K menu does not support initial-leter navigation. Are there any window managers that provide this sort of keyboard access?
*For some reason, I can't get Knoppix to use Gnome, but I was able to try Gnome with the heavy gui version of Morphix.
Similar Threads
-
By DeepThought in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-11-2004, 02:59 PM
-
By brad in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 8
Last Post: 09-07-2004, 02:18 PM
-
By Jared in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-27-2003, 08:11 PM
-
By hugo in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-27-2003, 05:48 PM
-
By Rixel in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-23-2003, 09:26 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix 1TB PC801 M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 2280 SSD
$100.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99