Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Making a boot floppy

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    14

    Making a boot floppy

    Somehow nothing wrote to the floppy when I was going through the install. Of course, I'm half way through the Knoppix install now and need a boot floppy. Any way I can do this still? Knoppix is on my HD as far as I can see.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    14

    Update

    UPDATE - I'm installed and running OK.

    I just went in and did a re-install and when it asked for the floppy to be put in, I did that as normal and this time everything went smooth.

    One note for interested parties...

    The first time I went through the install, I used the shell icon with the
    'clam'. The second time, I used the shell from the Knoppix-root icon (the one with the little penguin). The first time I couldn't get Knoppix to come up when I rebooted. The second time, everything worked fine. I wish I could explain this a little better but I'm new to Linux. But if anyone has any specific questions, post them here and I'll try to answer as best I can.

    I'm still curious as to what should be done if you didn't choose to run a floppy during the install. Where would you go to do that post-install?

    Thanks again for everyone's help! I've finally entered the world of Linux!

Similar Threads

  1. help making boot floppy to boot cd rom.
    By niceguy167 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-30-2004, 05:06 AM
  2. Making a Boot Floppy With SCSI Support
    By conall in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2004, 11:52 PM
  3. making a boot.img who mount / from nfs RO instead of CD
    By oarcher in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-10-2003, 09:37 PM
  4. making a boot floppy.....
    By jamesgf in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-16-2003, 06:15 PM
  5. The art of making a boot / root cd
    By Gozar in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-27-2003, 07:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Dell Precision T5820 Homelab PC - Xeon W-2125 @ 4.00GHz - 16GB RAM - NVIDIA GPU picture

Dell Precision T5820 Homelab PC - Xeon W-2125 @ 4.00GHz - 16GB RAM - NVIDIA GPU

$299.99



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz  8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER  picture

Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER

$94.94



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor

$249.99



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99