-
Junior Member
registered user
Making a boot floppy
Somehow nothing wrote to the floppy when I was going through the install. Of course, I'm half way through the Knoppix install now and need a boot floppy. Any way I can do this still? Knoppix is on my HD as far as I can see.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Update
UPDATE - I'm installed and running OK.
I just went in and did a re-install and when it asked for the floppy to be put in, I did that as normal and this time everything went smooth.
One note for interested parties...
The first time I went through the install, I used the shell icon with the
'clam'. The second time, I used the shell from the Knoppix-root icon (the one with the little penguin). The first time I couldn't get Knoppix to come up when I rebooted. The second time, everything worked fine. I wish I could explain this a little better but I'm new to Linux. But if anyone has any specific questions, post them here and I'll try to answer as best I can.
I'm still curious as to what should be done if you didn't choose to run a floppy during the install. Where would you go to do that post-install?
Thanks again for everyone's help! I've finally entered the world of Linux!
Similar Threads
-
By niceguy167 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-30-2004, 05:06 AM
-
By conall in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-30-2004, 11:52 PM
-
By oarcher in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-10-2003, 09:37 PM
-
By jamesgf in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-16-2003, 06:15 PM
-
By Gozar in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-27-2003, 07:01 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Cisco IP Phone CP-8821 No Battery C2-F3
$185.00

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120
$999.00

Lot of 10 Cisco CP-8851 5-Line VoIP Business Phone w/ Stand
$249.95

Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black
$44.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99