-
Junior Member
registered user
SETI@Home
Trying to install Seti to Knoppix. Got Knoppix on the HD. When saving to my /home directory, the Copy Files progress window hangs for a long time, then I get an error:
Access denied
Could not write to /home/setiathome-3.08.i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.part
I saw some SETI questions when I did a search but they seemed to be more 'off the live disc'-related.
Anyone with experience in SETI/Knoppix?
Thanks in advance!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: SETI@Home

Originally Posted by
dmedici
Trying to install Seti to Knoppix. Got Knoppix on the HD. When saving to my /home directory, the Copy Files progress window hangs for a long time, then I get an error:
Access denied
Could not write to /home/setiathome-3.08.i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.part
I saw some SETI questions when I did a search but they seemed to be more 'off the live disc'-related.
Anyone with experience in SETI/Knoppix?
Thanks in advance!
It runs all day long on my computer. How are you trying to copy it looks like there is a permission error and it is trying to write to the actual /home directory instead of /home/user_name directory try saving it in there.
[edit]
BTW I moved this to the Lounge this is not really Knoppix related.
[/edit]
-
Junior Member
registered user
Thanks for your quick reply!
Can you elaborate a little more on the home/username directory?
I'm reading as fast as I can
but I'm still confused on the directory layouts. Can you give me the exact path or roughly the path to where you put your files?
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
dmedici
Thanks for your quick reply!
Can you elaborate a little more on the home/username directory?
I'm reading as fast as I can

but I'm still confused on the directory layouts. Can you give me the exact path or roughly the path to where you put your files?
What is called your home directory is actually a sub-directory in /home for example mine would be /home/stephen and if I saved the seti file to my home the path would be /home/stephen/seti_file.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I included seti@home, folding@home, and prime-net distributed computing clients in my reasmter, Overclockix. There are also several scripts so that you can run one-word commands to start/stop, switch user information, and view progress of these clients.
Similar Threads
-
By Jameson in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-26-2004, 07:30 AM
-
By turbines in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-02-2004, 01:26 AM
-
By monkeyman in forum Ideas
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-25-2003, 03:02 AM
-
Replies: 9
Last Post: 07-25-2003, 02:55 AM
-
By webpromo in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-11-2003, 11:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$259.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00

Netac 512GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6 Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/MAC
$73.00