-
Super Noob Friendly Knoppix
**EDIT**: I was browsing the forum and I came across this..
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=791 Well I guess this post is useless now.
I'm a lazy bum + I don't have enough RAM and stuff on my computer to do a remaster.
I'm suggesting a remaster for linux noobs A.K.A. Windows dummies. I have the original Knoppix and I've attempted to convert my friends but most were too stubborn and turned away because of silly little reasons.
"Oh the startbar is different, I won't use it" etc.
I was frustrated but I found out XPDE www.xpde.com which imitates the Windows environment 90%... I'm sure this is the key to converting them. Give them a familiar environment, then they'll talk.
My focus on converting them is multimedia stuff. I myself is too very new to Linux but I think GIMP is a must, and GAIM and probably open-office. That's what they usually use computers for. If it is possibly WineX could be included too but I don't know what license it's under.
Thanks for listening to a lazy bum 
PS: Scripts for connecting to the internet is also what they need. They use the internet very often, might include a PPPOE connection tool.
EDIT: I've been on distrowatch and noticed some distros that are bootable on CD aren't necessarily debian based. Is there a way you can make Lycoris do so? It's similar to XP desktop too. Hope I'm not asking too much.
Similar Threads
-
By Deagle123 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-01-2005, 05:16 PM
-
By BFD in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-14-2004, 03:08 PM
-
By simon_lim88 in forum Ideas
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-26-2003, 09:04 PM
-
By hatch821 in forum General Support
Replies: 13
Last Post: 04-30-2003, 10:40 PM
-
By senorian in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-22-2003, 01:01 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025
$22.00

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00

Seagate Exos X16 16TB ST16000NM001G 7200RPM Enterprise HDD*USED GREAT CONDITION*
$319.79

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$69.00

NEW Sealed Toshiba N300 Pro 10TB NAS HDD 7200RPM
$299.99

Seagate BarraCuda ST1000DM010 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive
$63.99