OK, I need to change the boot order on some of my PCs, this is very helpful. Thanx!

Is it possible, in addition, to password protect the linux boot option in this case? I would like to use knoppix-installer to hdd install as knoppix, but there's no login screen or security this way. So if there were a password on these PCs to boot linux from, say, hda5 (WIN XP on hda2 would be the default) that would also be very helpful.

I have a server knoppix-installed as debian with a login screen (using kdm?) with all my users' accounts. For some reason, this server does not print correctly to my printers. However, the knoppix installed PCs do. So I'd have my clients use knoppix installed PCs so they can do all their work (write java and c++ programs for computer science class) and print and then they can save work via ftp to the debian installed server.

TIA,