Well,Guess nobody can help or I've confussed a lot of you! If you need more info I can!
Ok, Been at this for two weeks now.Done lots of reading,printing,and trying! I'm new at this stuff,So let me give you the info.I'm trying to used Knoppix 3.2 on CD.Can not set up internet connection.Went toMy windows internet connection and says My card is a Microsoft PCI Adapter MN-130.I'm also using a Moterola SB 4200 Surfboard Cable modem to connect to internet.Now,When I open console window and enter netcardconfig,comes back no support found.When I enter ifconfig eth0 comes back,error fetching interface information: device not found When I ping 216.239.39.99 getPing:sendto network is unreachable.Getting Help from comcast Is a laugh.Would really like to try Knoppixbut just cann't get it ,I'm a rookie at all this computer stuff.Please help!Thank You
Well,Guess nobody can help or I've confussed a lot of you! If you need more info I can!
It sounds like the linux driver for the network card is not being loaded or there is a (interrupt?) conflict. Personally I have no experience with a Microsoft MN-130 (and a search on driverguide returned 0 results for it). A couple of things to check:
o is a driver even being loaded (use lsmod and review the output for anything that looks like it might be associated with the nic - knowing the nic chip would help)
o check the startup messages (dmesg) for any errors/warnings
o check the IRQ the nic uses in windows and then check the IRQ assignments in linux
o try disabling various feature/functions when booting the CD (e.g., noapic)
o try a different nic (with known linux support) in the machine
Good luck.

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T480s | i5-8350U | 256GB NVMe | 8GB RAM | W11 Pro | W/AC Adapter
$169.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99