Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: At Witts End !

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Mi
    Posts
    3

    At Witts End !

    Ok, Been at this for two weeks now.Done lots of reading,printing,and trying! I'm new at this stuff,So let me give you the info.I'm trying to used Knoppix 3.2 on CD.Can not set up internet connection.Went toMy windows internet connection and says My card is a Microsoft PCI Adapter MN-130.I'm also using a Moterola SB 4200 Surfboard Cable modem to connect to internet.Now,When I open console window and enter netcardconfig,comes back no support found.When I enter ifconfig eth0 comes back,error fetching interface information: device not found When I ping 216.239.39.99 getPing:sendto network is unreachable.Getting Help from comcast Is a laugh.Would really like to try Knoppixbut just cann't get it ,I'm a rookie at all this computer stuff.Please help!Thank You

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Mi
    Posts
    3
    Well,Guess nobody can help or I've confussed a lot of you! If you need more info I can!

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Posts
    13
    It sounds like the linux driver for the network card is not being loaded or there is a (interrupt?) conflict. Personally I have no experience with a Microsoft MN-130 (and a search on driverguide returned 0 results for it). A couple of things to check:
    o is a driver even being loaded (use lsmod and review the output for anything that looks like it might be associated with the nic - knowing the nic chip would help)
    o check the startup messages (dmesg) for any errors/warnings
    o check the IRQ the nic uses in windows and then check the IRQ assignments in linux
    o try disabling various feature/functions when booting the CD (e.g., noapic)
    o try a different nic (with known linux support) in the machine

    Good luck.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY

$10.00



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$66.00



G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30* picture

G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*

$785.00



Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory picture

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory

$189.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3 picture

NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3

$550.00



Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1 picture

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1

$399.00