-
Senior Member
registered user
I had the same problem with GNOME too. I would start it in the F2 cheat code screen and just as it's about to finish loading I get that error. After I close the screen down, I'm in IceWM.
I've been able to write files to my FAT32 partitions by clicking on the desktop hdaX icons and selecting the read/write option. However I can't write to the RiesrFS partition I created. I already know better not to write to NTFS with Linux.
Knoppix found the Linux swap partition I created and uses it smoothly. I dropped a huge file on the KDE3 desktop to see how Knoppix would manage. Eventhough I was playing 'Shoutcast' mp3 internet music broadcasts with XMMS, there wasn't any skips as that 350Mb file over topped my 288Mb of RAM and spilled over into the swap file. Lets see you try that in any flavor of windows while running winamp.
Knoppix rocks!
Similar Threads
-
By Yojimbo in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-18-2004, 10:33 PM
-
By pulsar in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-16-2004, 10:30 PM
-
By Shaba1 in forum General Support
Replies: 13
Last Post: 09-21-2004, 01:41 AM
-
By AndrewVDP in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-23-2003, 04:15 AM
-
By MichielioZ in forum Ideas
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-17-2003, 05:00 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Lot of 3~BAD~NON-WORKING Micron 64GB 4DRx4 PC4-2666V-LE2 Server RAM Memory DDR4
$600.00

Lot of 88GB (22x4GB) ADVANTECH 1RX16 DDR4 PC4-2400U AQD-D4U4GN24-HP MEMORY RAM
$286.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Lot of 2~BAD~NON-WORKING Micron 64GB 2Rx4 PC4-2933Y-RB3 Server RAM Memory DDR4
$400.00

LOT OF 4 Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ
$469.95

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00

Samsung 4 X 4GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA SO-DIMM Laptop Memory M471A5244CB0-CWE
$80.00