-
lite-GUI
I'm trying to use your morphix lgui iso as a base for a bit of remastering. A couple of questions have popped-up:
1) How do I get to a root console? When I try to go to tty1 the system reboots.
2) Why does it seem that apt-get install/remove has so many broken packages? Is it just me? I seem to have this problem when remastering any of the knoppix CDs. Is there a better sources.list I could use or is this simply a matter of apt not being as user-friendly as all the deb-heads would have you believe?
3) When remastering other knoppix CDs I've had major problems when trying to switch default WM to fluxbox (or anything besides KDE). I was told in another thread that someone had overcome the "could not find kdeinit" errors by using your startx from KnopNL. How did you do it? What files did you edit and where?
4) How would one launch a persistant app after launching the WM? For example launching Phoenix with a startpage of http://localhost? (I've seen this done with gxmame on the knoppixMAME iso.
Thanks for everything you've done so far.
Morphix looks to be quite exciting; the notion of picking and choosing mods to burn in multisession CDs is extremely innnovative.
Similar Threads
-
By Alextreme in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 136
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 08:56 PM
-
By Alextreme in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-28-2003, 01:14 AM
-
By Alextreme in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-08-2003, 09:24 AM
-
By xetaprime in forum The Lounge
Replies: 10
Last Post: 04-03-2003, 05:09 AM
-
By Alextreme in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 11
Last Post: 01-15-2003, 07:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW
$30.89

Samsung Galaxy S10 10.9" FE 128GB WiFi Tablet SM-X520NZACXAR S-Pen Keyboard 2025
$299.99

Samsung Galaxy S10 10.9" FE 128GB WiFi Tablet SM-X520NZACXAR S-Pen Keyboard 2025
$66.99

Samsung - Galaxy Tab A11+ - 11" 128GB - Wi-Fi - Gray - Brand new
$235.59

Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible
$39.00

Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2
$89.00

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99

SAMSUNG CD-RW DRIVE MODEL SW-224 AMAZING CONDITION+ORIGINAL BOX NEVER USED
$30.00

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Digitizer 100% Original Oem
$152.99

Samsung Chomrebook XE350XBA-K02US LCD Screen FHD Display 15.6" XE350XBA-K03US
$51.77