Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Two questions before I start my remaster.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    24

    Two questions before I start my remaster.

    I have read the tutorial and I can understand all the steps but two things are not clear to me.

    1) When I start my remaster will the remaster at first be based on the the prexisting knoppix distro? Or it will be "blank" if you will, and I can put whatever I want in it?

    2) I want to put some personalized settings that will stay even after a Hard drive install. Mainly default settings for kde. Examples:
    My wallpaper, a prechosen theme, preconfigured file associations in KDE. I am thinking that this will be possible if I alter the config files of my remaster after the download and install of KDE. no?

    Thank you

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    220

    Re: Two questions before I start my remaster.

    Quote Originally Posted by estranged
    I have read the tutorial and I can understand all the steps but two things are not clear to me.

    1) When I start my remaster will the remaster at first be based on the the prexisting knoppix distro? Or it will be "blank" if you will, and I can put whatever I want in it?
    You probably want to start with Knoppix remaster to get the feeling about the way things work and such.

    You can later start from a scratch. A bit lower in this forum you will find instructions how to do it.

    Quote Originally Posted by estranged
    2) I want to put some personalized settings that will stay even after a Hard drive install. Mainly default settings for kde. Examples:
    My wallpaper, a prechosen theme, preconfigured file associations in KDE. I am thinking that this will be possible if I alter the config files of my remaster after the download and install of KDE. no?

    Thank you
    I believe this is the right way to handle things. Mostly you will change setting in /etc and /etc/skell to affect default knoppix user.

Similar Threads

  1. can't start xwindow after remaster!
    By winglion in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-17-2005, 02:08 PM
  2. (Some different) Questions before I start....
    By elldee in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-12-2004, 11:21 PM
  3. a few questions. System doesn't start
    By dobell in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-28-2004, 04:24 PM
  4. How to start xfce4 by default on a remaster
    By mzilikazi in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-08-2004, 08:33 PM
  5. Final questions before I finish my remaster
    By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-06-2003, 05:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



GIGABYTE Z890M AORUS ELITE WIFI7 ICE INTEL MOTHERBOARD picture

GIGABYTE Z890M AORUS ELITE WIFI7 ICE INTEL MOTHERBOARD

$149.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



ASRock B550M Phantom Gaming 4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M Phantom Gaming 4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$71.49



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$76.49



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



ASUS PRIME H410M-K LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen H410 DDR4 USB3.2 Motherboard M-ATX picture

ASUS PRIME H410M-K LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen H410 DDR4 USB3.2 Motherboard M-ATX

$59.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW

$121.45